BrainFx 360 Frequently Asked Questions
A reference guide for Certified BrainFx Administrators
· The Living Brain Bank is a research database that holds the de-identified results from those BrainFx 360 clients whom have provided consent. The data will be used to further neuroscience research, improve our assessment tools, and made available to the research community at large.
· In these circumstances, either you or someone from your practice will need to walk the client through the creation of their online profile. This may involve the creation of an email address for the client as a first step (consider a general free account as they are readily accessible from anywhere with a computer/internet access (e.g., Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
· If your client needs further guidance, consider completing the self-report during one session with the client, and then complete the performance assessment during the next session. The client can also have a family, friend, or caregiver guide them, but a note of this assistance should be made within the assessment.
· The assessment was designed with this in mind and tested on populations of all ages and comfort levels with technology; including those with no tablet experience.
· The assessment is intuitive, as the CBA you are there for guidance during the assessment and the initial activities help to establish comfort with the technology.
· Tablet experience is also considered as part of the initial client questionnaire.
· In this instances, we recommend you either:
a. Purchase a portable, wireless hot spot device from your mobile provider (i.e. Rogers Air Card or similar)
b. Tether the tablet to your cell phone’s wireless connection (Hotspot)
· You only need to start the assessment connected to WiFi; then you need a WiFi connection to successfully upload the results. At this time, you have a maximum of 72 hours to upload before the results are automatically deleted from the tablet. This will shorten in future, so you should upload as soon as possible after an assessment.
· No, the companion reports are not mandatory to complete the assessment, however they are recommended.
· The companion reports will provide a more comprehensive overview of a client, and provide valuable information about how they perceive themselves, versus how others perceive them.
· As the assessment is based on an individual’s current functional level and isn’t specific on diagnosis, if they are functioning at a mild-moderate level of dysfunction and meet the minimum abilities for the assessment, they can participate.
7. Do I need a kit for every Certified BrainFx Administrator (CBA) in my organization?
· No, you do not. The BrainFx 360 Assessment requires a CBA to log in with their own CBA number and password, before performing an assessment. This means multiple CBA's can share the same tablet.
· Your co-worker must be a Certified BrainFx Administrator (CBA), with a CBA number before they can access and use the Assessment. Once they are a CBA, they can log into the BrainFX application with their own information.
· Please ensure you are using a valid credit card and the card number/expiration date have been input correctly
· If you are still having issues, please contact us.
· You know the reimbursement types and the needs of your community best, so you can determine the best pricing model for your practice. Please contact us if you have questions.
· Please contact BrainFx and we will assist you in locating a CBA that can work with you
· We also encourage people to urge their healthcare providers (Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses and Doctors) to learn more about BrainFx, and consider getting certified
· Click the BrainFx logo in the top left corner of your browser window.
· Our research database only holds non-identifying information. Your client will need to provide consent to donate their results to the Living Brain Bank™, and their name, address, day and month of birth will be removed (year of birth remains).
· When you initiate the assessment by selecting the client appointment in the CBA Setup, the client’s name and date of birth is downloaded to the Client Setup section so you can confirm the right person and appointment. At the end of the assessment, the results are uploaded directly to BrainFx and the report is generated in the client’s and your web portal. The data automatically deletes from your tablet 72 hours after the assessment, so that successful upload and reporting can be confirmed. This time period will shorten in future and we will notify you. In the interim, safeguard your tablet like you would safeguard medical documentation.
· Providing you have client consent and sharing with the third party is in line with applicable privacy policies, regulations, or legislation, you can share the PDF version of the BrainFx 360 report as a stand-alone document, or as an addendum to your clinical report.
Your BrainFx Profile:
1. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my username/password to the BrainFx members site?
a. Problem – I did not receive a confirmation email to verify my account
i. Resolution – Check your junk mail to ensure the email didn’t go there
b. Problem – I did not verify my account within the 24-hour window as described in the verification email
i. Resolution – Create your profile again with the same email address
c. Problem – When I log into my profile, I see a message that says I have not been verified as a health professional
i. Resolution – Please contact us and we will assist you with your account
d. If any of the above resolutions are not successful, please contact us